Thursday, October 27, 2005


Consumer Power Solidarity – the war against late pizza delivery!

I call for a pizza. Give my name, hotel, room number etc.
45 mins they say – OK.
1 hour later I call back to find out where the hell my pizza is and cancel the order.
It will be there in two mins they say.
I have now decided I’m having that fucking pizza for free or otherwise they can take it back.

Delivery guy arrives at the hotel room and hands over the pizza – “sorry it’s so late we are very busy” now he’s expecting payment.
I say “I’ve just talked to the manager and he said I could have it for free”
He says – “oh you talked to the manger?”
I say “yes”
The delivery guy shuffles around nervously and says he would appreciate a tip.
I give him a $5 tip and he leaves.

2 hours (11pm) later I get a call from the pizza manager direct to my hotel room.

Pizza M – hi sir is that ******* at room ****
Me – yes
Pizza M – we are now $26 short as you didn’t pay for your pizza
Me – well the delivery guy gave it me for free as it was so late.
Pizza M – we are coming to collect the money
Me – you had better bring the police with you because I’m not paying
Pizza M – Ok we will bring the police

I’m calling their bluff - 1 hour later I now get a call from the hotel manager

Hotel M – hi Mr ******* we have the pizza delivery manager at the from desk and he says you owe him some money
Me – no the delivery guy gave it me for free and I gave him a $5 tip

I now hear a muffled conversation between the two managers

Hotel M – he says you still got to pay
Me – no I don’t think so

More muffled conversations

Hotel M – Ok good night sir

Moral of the story – If it says on the menu they will bring the Pizza to your door within 45 mins then it I expect it there within 45 mins. If you employee such stupid morons then they deserve to get sacked – take the money from his wages. You can do the same next time your pizza is late. Consumer Power Solidarity – the war against late pizza delivery! Posted by Picasa

No comments: